GDPR after BREXIT
On 28 June 2021 the EU issued a GDPR adequacy decision confirming that the UK provides adequate protection for personal data transferred from the EU to the UK. This decision lasts until June 2025.
This means that the way KQH ensures compliance with GDPR continues to be effective for all EU data.
What is GDPR?
- The General Data Protection Regulation came into force on May 25th 2018
- It is the new legal framework for dealing with personal data of EU residents
- All those who process personal data of EU residents will be required to demonstrate that they comply with GDPR
- As we deal with data as part of our business, particularly health data (sensitive) and sometimes patients (vulnerable) it is especially important for KQH to understand and comply fully with GDPR
- GDPR applies regardless of which country you are based in – Anyone who is collecting, storing and processing the personal data of EU residents is required to comply
- There is an expanded definition of personal data – anything that contributes or links to identifying an individual will be included
- Greater liability – for both Data Controllers and Data Processors. Higher fines for non-compliance – up to 4% of global turnover of €20 million
- Risk based accountability – Contracts, Privacy Notices, Risk Assessment and Record Keeping need to be updated to comply
- New and strengthened individual rights – including the Right of Access, To Be Forgotten and Data Portability. We have to promote these rights to the individuals on whom we hold data
How KQH has ensured compliance
- Completed full audit of our data processing
- Actioned amendments to procedures, forms and contracts as needed to mitigate / reduce risk
- Embedded privacy by design and default into all our projects
- Appointed a DPO (Data Protection Officer) whose role is to ensure data protection compliance
- Trained all directors and staff on implications of GDPR
- Registered with the ICO, who will be our lead data protection supervisory authority
Privacy Notice for those helping KeyQuest Health with market research
Your Global Qualitative Fieldwork Team